Sunday, September 14, 2008

Relief

I have to admit, Kenny had me pretty worried yesterday...just not doing as well as I expected, even though much of it could be rationalized. But today was a great day for him. I didn't get down there until the afternoon and am now staying at Joan and Joe's again for the week (or as long as Kenny is at Northwestern). His CT showed signs of improvement and he was very alert and awake for much of the afternoon and evening. By the time I left tonight, he had started to crack jokes, which makes me believe the Kenny I love is coming back again. He continued to ask about how much longer he has to stay there which reminds me that he is motivated to go home! Now I hope that the CT tomorrow shows much more improvement so we can move quickly to his next surgery and then home again.

No comments: