Kenny and I are SO ready to go home. Yesterday we both started to get the itch once his neurosurgeon stopped in to see us and said that as long as things are looking good on Wednesday, we should be going home. He feels that if all the appropriate people sign off (endocrinologist, ENT, physical therapy, etc.) that patients heal better at home and keeping Kenny in the hospital longer isn't going to help him.
He still seems on track to go home, but about dinner time last night, he started showing some signs that his ADH level was changing again and not being controlled as well by the medication. Hopefully they got that under control last night or that the endocrinologist can adjust it today and is ok with him going home. That may be the one hurdle that we may have trouble jumping today.
So, I'm headed to the hospital early today, hoping to catch ALL the doctors on rounds and see what they are thinking about releasing him. It's really hard to keep up with all of these doctors and Kenny's not good at medical stuff normally, so now, with him having been so out of it last week, the medical stuff is extra confusing to him because he wasn't awake enough to learn the vast amounts that I did and have it make sense with what they are saying now.
Little Charlie...we are TRYING very hard to make it home today for good. Mommy and Daddy miss you so much and we can't wait to see you! We love you tons and tons little dude!