Monday, September 22, 2008

Home is Where Our Charlie Is...

and we are SO HAPPY to be here with him!!! We got home yesterday afternoon, again, after feeling like we should have been able to leave the hospital on Saturday. Always a day later than when Kenny is truly feeling good.

Saturday I did a little shopping on Michigan Avenue (I need some work clothes that don't have drool marks on the shoulder!) and picked up a yummy Gino's East pizza for Kenny and I for dinner. As I was enjoying the nice weather and wandering around...I realized that I have a lot of things to get used to again.


I won't start my day by seeing this sign pulling into the parking lot...


Or grab one of these to help pass the day...


Or walk through these doors each morning on the way for my Starbucks fix...


Or have to get one of these to get in to see Kenny.


And at the end of the day, I won't have to drive around all of these lined up on the streets!

Instead, I will learn to go to work again, sit in rush hour traffic on 176, not think about medical stuff every moment of the day, go home, see my boys, find out what Charlie learned that day and that Kenny is feeling better and better. This is never the way I pictured my maternity leave ending...but it is. I'm back to work tomorrow and my Mom will be here with the boys. When she agreed to babysit Charlie she didn't realize she got Charlie's Daddy too!

No comments: