Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 2 -- St. Louis and Branson, Missouri

After sleeping in (GOOD JOB, Charlie!), we enjoyed a yummy breakfast at the hotel and headed out for the day. We decided to check out the St. Louis Zoo before we hit the road. Unfortunately, it was nasty HOT though that day, so we only ended up staying for one hour. It was a great zoo though and Kenny and I decided St. Louis was a town to do a long weekend in spring or fall when it's cooler at home, but it would be a bit warmer down there.




Charlie and Daddy (Monkey)






Charlie was excited to go in the zoo.


I wanted to dive in the waterfall!



Choo Choo!








I think the baby is cooked and ready to get in the car!

We met up with my parents between St. Louis and Branson...at a Cracker Barrel where we stopped for a long lunch/dinner. It was great to relax, stretch our legs and let Charlie get out and move around.

Charlie and Mommy

Once we got to the Lodge of the Ozarks in Branson, we got settled in our rooms. We had an early day the next day with a private tour. Charlie needed a bath so we let him enjoy the big whirlpool tub in our room. It was his first bath out of the baby tub. I know, I know...I'm really trying to keep him a baby, but it's not working. He LOVED the freedom of the tub.


No comments: