Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful Thoughts #11

Thankful Thoughts #11

At Megan and Ryan's Wedding - West Des Moines, Iowa - October 28, 2011

 
I'm sure we have more recent pictures and this wasn't exactly the one I was looking for, but it was one of our "dressed up" occasions last year!  Today, I'm thankful for Kenny and our marriage.  Today, marks 7 years of marriage for us.  We've celebrated by enjoying a relaxed, normal day with Charlie.  Nothing fancy or special, just peaceful. 

Sometimes I can't believe it's only been 7 years. 

Family Photos - September 2011
We like to joke that Kenny took care of the "in sickness" part of our wedding vows early in our marriage and I tell him that he's going to get it when we are old and it's my turn!  Our 7 years has gone by so fast and we've been through so much, we are happy we got to make today a peaceful day, enjoying church, brunch, some errands and a relaxing quiet afternoon.  I made a great italian soup for dinner and we are enjoying watching old movies with Charlie now.  Tomorrow, we both have the day off and it's nice to have some down time together. 

And since we got married on Veteran's Day...we are so thankful for the Veteran's of this country.  We have several in our family and we took some time during dinner tonight to discuss what that means with Charlie. 

No comments: