Monday, March 3, 2008

Kid Funnies...

The first weekend in March, we had a graduation/18th birthday celebration at our house for my cousin Samantha! Now, first let me make my "I'm feeling old comment." I remember when Sam was born, I remember all of her life and I can't BELIEVE she is 18 and done with school already!!! We are so proud of her and all that she has accomplished in the last year and were so happy to host her party.



The party also means that we spent Sunday with 20 or so of my relatives. The youngest, Jack, is 3 and is my cousin's son. He's so cute and I love the innocence of a 3 year old's thoughts. Here's TWO sweet/funny Jack stories, that I can't resist not sharing...



Jack is a typical boy's boy and loves to play and was in the process of reinspecting our house to find new adventures. As he emerged from Kenny's "car room" and was telling his dad about ALL the cars and trucks in there, he spotted Duke's toy basket, that we cleaned out after he passed away, but left a few good toys in for any visting dogs or our next dog. Jack said "look at the toy basket." I said "Jack, that is Duke's old toy basket and those are doggie toys, not toys for you to play with." He looked at me, crossed the room to get closer to me and with the sweetest little look on his face asked "Where IS Duke?" Almost, like he was wondering where he was...but I'm not sure he remembered who Duke was. I explained to him that Duke was in heaven, like his dog Bear (who passed away last year) and now they are friends and can play together. He thought that was a great answer and went off to play with some of Kenny's cars. That just made me want the innocence of a 3 year old back!!!

Jack's second story is VERY funny...

Jack's mom, Amy is lovin' that Kenny and I are having a boy, since Jack is the 3rd of 3 boys in their house and she KNOWS how much fun (and trouble) boys are! I had shown Jack Charlie's room when he got to our house and invited him to play with his toys that we have received. Many I pointed out to him were hand me downs from a co-worker of Kenny's.

We were in the kitchen talking about boys and she pointed out, as Jack was eating his cake, how fun they are...Jack had a nice line of frosting and cake down his sleeve that he wiped there from his mouth! I made some sort of comment about Charlie and Jack looked over at us and said "Where IS Charlie?" Poor kid, we talk about Charlie and show him Charlie's room and toys, but he doesn't understand he's not here yet. So, I explained that he is in my belly and pointed to the growing bump and said that in the summer when it's warm all the time and Jack is wearing shorts alot, Charlie will be here for him to play with whenever he wants. He found that answer acceptable and went back to his cake. A minute later, he walked over to me and started to lift my shirt while explaining he was "looking for Charlie." :) I took out an ultrasound picture and showed it to him and said that's Charlie...and he must think Charlie is a strange looking kid. I assured him that when he was that big, his mommy has a picture of him that looks the same. Amy agreed they could look at it when they got home. At least we know that Jack is interested in meeting Charlie and I hope they will be great friends!

No comments: