Monday, June 30, 2008

Charles Edward Friedrich

Born Thursday, June 26, 2008 at 4:26pm at Lake Forest Hospital. Charlie weighed in at 7 lbs 5 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long.
Here I am...probably not long after we checked into the hospital at 6am to be induced. All in all, labor was a good experience, it went quickly, the epidural was great (until the end), but Mr. Charlie was face up instead of face down and I just wasn't able to get him out that way, nor was the doctor able to turn him face down. So, by about 330pm they decided that it was time to do a c-section, which was just fine with me since the epidural was wearing off.
Here's Kenny suited up for the c-section, patiently waiting to get called in the room. We loved my doctors, they were absolutely the best, really tried hard to avoid the c-section, but without compromising mine or Charlie's health. C-sections go quickly and before I knew it Dr. Logan was telling Kenny to stand up and look at his son...I kept asking if that was him crying (who else would sound like a baby crying but Charlie???).


Charlie's first picture. Kenny was able to cut the cord and then went with the nurse and Charlie into recovery to stay with him until they brought me in.


Charlie's first bath...I guess he didn't like it very much. :)







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michelle and Ken,
Thank you for the wonderful pictures and for the gift of our marvelous grandson! We are so pleased to have him here and to see all of you doing so well.
Love and a zillion kisses to Charlie and to you.
Grandma Janet and Grandpa Bill