Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Book Catch Up

I realized that I have some catching up to do in terms of posting about some recent book club reads...

My pick in April was for The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls and I know I've mentioned it as one of my top reads from 2007. I still love the book and HIGHLY recommend it if you haven't read it.

Eat Pray Love is by Elizabeth Gilbert and another book that I read in 2007, but we read it for May 2008. It was a great book, true story of self exploration by the author. I loved this book as well.



This book is called The Confessions of Max Tivoli. I didn't read it...I'll admit it. My life has just been too busy...this whole baby thing. :) I did start the book and have it on my list to finish some day. I think it will be really good though!


And this is the latest book we are supposed to be reading. The Curious Inciden of the Dog in the Night Time. It sounds like a great book. I'm hoping to get to read it. So much so that I bought it, which I usually don't do.


And here's a few others that I've read along with these...my FAVORITE author is James Patterson...and I've now just read Sail, his latest and greatest and it was great! He also just put out another book, Sundays at Tiffanys. That one was also great...but a totally different kind of read than Sail. And I'm also into Elin Hildebrand's books right now. She mainly writes about Nantucket and for some reason I just love her books. I'm reading a new one to paperback for her --- Barefoot. They are good summer reads that make you want to sit on a beach and relax. I don't know that I'll get to do that this summer, so the least I can do is pretend to while reading. :)

No comments: