Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy HEART Day!!

Exactly one year ago today, we found out that our little baby was Charlie. We both teared up at the news that we were having a boy. I KNEW it!! Kenny was overjoyed, even though he just wanted a healthy baby, a boy was even better. His dream come true...a son to play cars with. We SAW his HEART beating away on a screen, instead of just hearing it and Valentine's Day will always be extra special to us for those reasons.

This year, we really just wanted to spend the day together. We didn't need to leave Charlie with a sitter and go out because we are doing that in the next few weeks. A nice family day seemed in order. A car problem has changed thos plans a bit and our evening may not go as planned, so we started the celebrating a last night. Kenny came home from work with these:


Beautiful roses



Charlie so happy for HEART day! (See the shirt: "I stole Mommy's HEART!")

Fresh HEART shaped triple berry muffins for breakfast.

I really want to start more family traditions now that Charlie is getting older and will soon understand some of them. For Valentine's Day, I bought a great little HEART shaped muffin tin. I plan to make muffins in them on Valentine's mornings. My Grandma and Grandpa were married on Valentine's Day and my grandma made HEART shaped cakes with a tin my cousin now has. So, this is a bit of a variation of that. Charlie and I made a batch of homemade triple berry muffins while Kenny got a little extra sleep after working much of the night.


Charlie checking out a new Valentine's gift from Mommy and Daddy.


The present that I HEART the most this year is that we have a wonderful family of three. Charlie has been an amazing addition to our family that Kenny and I still feel so lucky to have. Kenny is the best and it warms my HEART to see him completely back to normal. I couldn't ask for anything more.

No comments: